Create your free account now! Sign up

Comcast/Charter & Layoffs in general

I've been lurking once again and have a few comments on this subject. First, with the consolidation of AT&T/Comcast in full frontal assault clearly, there are going to be layoffs. There's a lot of duplication of accountabilities and the decisions are pretty smart. I had heard last evening that Kevin Casey is making a return to the Northeast (Boston) area to run the Comcast show. Hearsay has it that he wants to set aside the existing "Good ole' boy" policy of keeping friends employed in favor with retaining the right candidate for the right job attitude. I know Kevin and our paths have crossed over the last six years or so. He possess a large quantity of personnel integrity and credibility and I'm sure that he'll direct the ship in the most proficient manner on behalf of Comcast and their customers.

I had read earlier this week that Maggie Bellville has taken over the EVP position at Charter. Unfortunately I also had read where the FBI is now probing into certain operational aspects of the St. Louis business. Meanwhile, three or four people up in Mass. and CT. either left voluntarily or were asked to leave some Charter locations. I am to understand that some or a lot of the Director level positions within Charter are being downgraded to Managers. They seem to be to top heavy and are re-engineering the organization. This of course is third party information and I may be inaccurate with these statements. Furthermore, I too understand that these rounds of layoffs are just the beginning.

For all of you contract vendors who may stumble across this posting. Please rest assured that with these consolidation practices going on the rate schedules are being affected too which means more work for the same revenue. I know that everyone's been bitchen here but I know first hand that these MSO's have re-strategized their positions and relationships with labor vendors. Besides being certified up the yin/yang and insured up the wazoo too. They're (The MSO's)looking for demonstrated training facilities and leadership contributions as well as national agreements. All this for a company wide approval status...

Just a few points to ponder.

Zoots Alures
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #91711. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx1n
There is 1 reply to this message
Here's some more info to chew over Magi 12/13/2002 4:11:00 PM