Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Safety Tool for pole climbing

I know you want positive feedback. OK where to start, any good lineman, whether he (I've never met a she lineman) be on the construction or splicing end will agree the least amount of tools, equipment, & hardware you have to take pole to pole the better. Give me my basic bashlin hooks pads, (no caddies) and belt, my wescos, a pair of gloves, (I've got smooth girlie hands, so my wife says) and a pull rope. That's it, I trust my grip on the pole, (little sexual inuendo there, ha-ha) I've hooked poles in Atlantic Beach & Yaupon Beach, NC where you couldn't even see the pole, 3 vinyl power riser guards and that's where my gaffs were going, no biggie you do what it takes to get the job done. As far as a big company interested in outfitting their employees with them, well a good salesman can sell ice to an eskimo, especiallly when you attach the words safe, safer, or safety to it. Need I remind anyone about chem-shrink the miracle alternative to heat-shrink. Men have been climbing poles since Good ole Sam Morse. These men had it right then and you know the old saying, if it aint broke. So on the positive side, I positively would not purchase or recommend this item, Sorry.
This is CABL.com posting #91051. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxQJ
Posted in reply to: Re: New Safety Tool for pole climbing by safTclimber
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New Safety Tool for pole climbing SAF-T-CLIMBER 12/7/2002 4:59:00 PM