Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Study: Cable Losing Subs to DBS

CATV needs to find another "nitch" in the CATV plan.
One of the things I feel they should be working on very seriously is "Wireless", "Networking".
Stop trying to Bribe the customers with money and "Convince them with "Product" & "Service"!
When I was installing modems in FT Collins? I would say 8 out of the 10 customers complained about having to contact someone else to do the wireless or networking!
Give the customer something DBS cant!
I come from the early 70Z in this industry. I remember when the big scramble on C-band hit and people began to lose the desire for the C-band dish. Then along came the little dish!
Put your best MINDS into the WAR ROOM and "FIND" the things that can draw the customers AWAY from DBS!
I for one feel CATV will survive!

Mark

(clap)(wave)
> Kinda makes you wonder which way the wind is blowing doesn't it as far as future work in cable TV.
>
> > Study: Cable Losing Subs to DBS
> >
> > Matt Stump
> > Multichannel News
> > 12/3/2002 2:25:00 PM
> >
> > Leichtman Research Group Inc. reported that cable lost 500,000 basic subscribers in the second and third quarters of 2002, while EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. added more than 1 million.
> >
> > What's more, the two direct-broadcast satellite companies had to add 2.7 million new subscribers to reach 1 million additions because 1.7 million subscribers left the services. In a survey of 1,250 homes, LRG found that 69 percent of DBS subscribers who have had DBS for less than one year switched from cable.
> >
> > Some 32 percent of current cable subscribers have looked at getting DBS, and 10 percent said they are likely to cancel service in the next six months. At the same time, 15 percent of DBS subscribers said they were likely to cancel service in the next six months.
> >
> >
> > © 2002 Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
> >
> >
This is CABL.com posting #90839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxNj
Posted in reply to: Re: Study: Cable Losing Subs to DBS by Wife of a cable guy
There are 0 replies to this message