Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I agree with Joe 50

As long as I have been in this industry anything is possible with optronics. An in-proper connecter seat should not cause any noise issues( I have seen faulty RX optronics do this), but like I said anything goes in cable. FYI, QPSK is also regularly used in digital upsteam, and I think telemetry is FSK but i'm not sure. I think there has been a lot of great posts about this subject and good luck on your findings.

> I was being constructive......simply put it is rare if it happends at all even in a dwdm return system. Several times is not alot. Compared to other issues! oh and by the way Q.P.S.K. is the C.M.T.S. return signal so you didn't have to mention it twice.
>
> > This problem has occurred several times in one of our systems, a DWDM architecture running QPSK, CMTS, VOD and TELEPHONY. If you don't have anything helpful or constructive to add why bother responding.
> > > I have troubleshot over 1000 nodes since I started doing return in Orlando Fl.in 1991 and I have never had a fiber alignment problem that causes a noise problem that will knock out a Q.P.S.K. return carrier in my life. I have had noise on the fiber but it was so insignificant that it was not even worth pursuing.
> > >
> > > Please!!!
This is CABL.com posting #89851. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxxn
Posted in reply to: Re: I agree with Joe 50 by switchman
There are 0 replies to this message