Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another Elevated Noise Floor Question?

Brain storming? More like brain farting.

> Just viewing the responses from others and brain storming a bit more on this problem.
> Just jumping out into the field and sweeping your Nodes is not the answer!
> You definatley need to Isolate the Node and / or Nodes causing "the bulk" of the problem!
> I would sit with a 8591C at the OTN/Headend (location of the Return Network) and look at each Node. Determine if there are Nodes with "major" problems and the one with "Minor" problems!
> Take a picture of these Nodes B/4 working on the problem.
> Then I would definately clean all fiber conectors and optimize all Nodes (Forward & Return).
> The I would have a tech in the field, place a transmitter at each Node (40db @ 21 Mhz) and look at each one with the 8591C!
> This will give you a pretty good picture of what going on!
> Lasers, levels, unity gain...etc.
>
> Mark
>
> > I have just transferred to a system full of noise problems. My question is concerning an elevated noise floor problem Im having in several nodes. What are some common causes of elevated noise floor from 10 to 30 db as seen at the node and hub site also? I have 34 nodes and 35-40 % have some type of noise problems. Thanks...Catfish
This is CABL.com posting #89548. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxsu
Posted in reply to: Re: Another Elevated Noise Floor Question? by The Broadband Man
There are 0 replies to this message