Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: questions about unions

Greetings Singlelash,

Say, how are you doin'?  I agree.  You were probably the last generation to get the full introduction to cable when you started.  They don't break'em in or train the young men like  that anymore.  Not that I have seen, anyway.  I just seen a post on here the other day, and in the qualifications for the linesmen they were seeking, it said;  ability to climb poles preferred.  I could not believe there were any other type of linesmen out there.  Isn't that the first qualification?  

In reference to your words concerning the possibility of making money through unions, or in this instance, a Trade Association, there is no money being payed to anyone.  As a matter of fact, any who care to sacrifice and accept a Representative position really need a pretty good job before they get there.  It appears as though this will be costing the few who do believe in this industry and are not afraid of work.   The founders, and subsequently, any of the members able to afford it are footing the bill to take care of the many.  

It is no sweat for me, though.   I am still hook'in every one of my poles, all day long.  In the evening, I still make the rounds, tuck'in the covers up around the pup's necks, so they don't catch a cold!!!   hehe   I am not hook'in quite like I used to, though, I gave in and sold my soul, then I swept my way to the top!!!

I know you did not mean it this way, but just to keep it real...and AMERICAN, there isn't a thing wrong with being rich!!!   You  only need to be honest doing it, in my opinion.  And sometimes, it just ain't worth all you had to kill to get there...to paraphrase an old semi-aquaintance--David Alan Coe. 

Singlelash, I can't wait to hook up with you , again.  what has it been?   Fifteen years?  is that right?  F*ck!!  I can't hardly believe it.  I know, I still feel like I am twenty-five years old.   And in a real dark room I might even look it.  My hair ain't MoHawked no more,  I have become slightly tamed.  I would not go so far as to say  'civilized'  or  'domesticated',  gentler, and kinder...that's it!  

Singlelash, if you see my ol' Yellow Rose of Texas down there, tell her I said 'Hello' ,  a couple of the other chicks that were dancing with us back then are up here, now.   Tell her Jill has nearly lost her mind, Jill is the one Rose cracked her melon.  came home after work and Jill and I were both at the end of a long line of clothes that started in the driveway, and where they ended in the living room ...there we were, both of us naked and past out all twisted together like a couple nightcrawlers, and Rose was puttin some major wood action on Jill's head...I was fairly petrified, myself.  We was both buck-naked,and I always did hate to fight naked!!!I scrambled to my feet not fully aware yet of what was happening, and when I could not find no gun, no boots, I thought for sure, I was not only gonna die without my boots on...but I was plum naked...I might have started beggin or something I really can't remember very well, when I am trying not to!!!   That Rose was pure TIGER!!!   So was Jill, but she got off to a late start in that fight and wasn't lookin to impressive.  Good thing I had the wits about me to beg for both of us!!! hehe  I got to quit here and get to bed!!

Good hearing from ya' Bro', check out my default home number in the profiles and give me a call if you make it this way.

Later, Petergunn Lookstwice.

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #89480. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxro
Posted in reply to: Re: questions about unions by singlelash
There are 0 replies to this message