Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another Elevated Noise Floor Question?

All good technical advice. In addition to clean fiber connections, good fiber and optimized forward lasers, make sure the return lasers in the node amps are padded correctly and are not 'clipping'. Check the voltages on them and the light levels. Good Luck!

> > Just off the top of my head:
> >
> > I would work first between the OTN and the Fiber Node.
> > Use a pocket transmitter, SDA5000 transmitter....to transmit from the Node to the OTN (making sure that you "Isolate" each Node from the rest. You may be looking at the "combined" Noise floor of the Nodes!
> > I have a pocket transmitter "a good friend" gave me! That puts out 35db @ 21MHz.
> > I set my 8591C up at the OTN and shoot back to see if my return transmitter is optimised and in good working order.
> > I clean all my fiber ends properly.
> > Once I have determined that it's not the return transmitters, return lasers up too high & combined, the fiber ends.
> > Then I isolate each Fiber Node to see what kind of Noise floor I have on each one (Isolated from the Combining Network)!
> > Usually, I find it not being "ONE" thing!
> > But, several things combined!
> > That's just off the top of my head.....
> > Let me brainstorm a but more....
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > > I have just transferred to a system full of noise problems. My question is concerning an elevated noise floor problem Im having in several nodes. What are some common causes of elevated noise floor from 10 to 30 db as seen at the node and hub site also? I have 34 nodes and 35-40 % have some type of noise problems. Thanks...Catfish
This is CABL.com posting #89451. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxqV
Posted in reply to: Re: Another Elevated Noise Floor Question? by The Broadband Man
There are 0 replies to this message