Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: it's just more poop in th' pipes..

Question - if you knew all this - why didn't you do something about it? Not trying to raise a ruckus, just a legit question...

> Wow, all this news about Adelphia on the national level really doesn't get me the way it used to. I've had an epiphany, if you will, about the whole damn thing. You see, I was witness and still am to a degree of the corruption on the local level. It at first gave me a sense of utter amazement that after a while turned to a form of acceptance that is hard to explain other than my basic desire to keep my job maybe caused me to have some "tunnel-vision".
> Managers on the take, confidential information shared blatantly to the very people it was meant to be kept away from, contractor favoritism. Project money that was readily available for the first good excuse to use it. What really chafed my ass was being told to ignore certain facets of invoicing for certain contractors even though I KNEW it was falsified billing...no names will be mentioned but the memory will linger for some time to come. Yepper, all the while this sh** is going on I'm thinking to myself that someone higher up on the food chain would sure have a feild day if they were to find out about it and then WHAM, the frikkin' owner turns out to be the worst of 'em all!!
> The revealation on March 27th 2002 created not only panic but a sigh of relief rose from the dirty bastards on the local level. The bankruptcy created one hell of a diversion in order to keep them operating. Must be nice to have a position that approaches a 6 figure income and be able to skim some cream off the contractor. Never mind that the system the money was meant for is barely operable. Never mind that the techs that work the system are poorly trained or equipped. Never mind that the services that were advertised to the subscriber fall short of the promise. The fat cats got theirs and will never suffer any consequence of their greed. I'm not sure about anywhere else but Florida has had it's turn with the maggots. Adelphia, YOU ROCK!!(rotflmao)
This is CABL.com posting #88745. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxfx
Posted in reply to: it's just more poop in th' pipes.. by Cabledouche
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: it's just more poop in th' pipes.. Cabledouche 11/8/2002 7:18:00 AM