Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: system 11amps

Greg,
Do you by any chance have a picture of the high current module and the low current module? I'm not sure which one we have, probably a little of both. I have seen some of the white plugs and some black.

Do you know of any reason that the siezure plugs would loosen up over a period of time, or have any suggestions on how to keep them tight.

Any information would be helpful. thanks, Mike

> Hi Chuck!
>
> Your problem is caused by high current draw and there are many possibilities.
>
> 1.) System powering is excessive at the point of the burn-up. You need to confirm that the design is correct and the amplifiers are powered as per design.
>
> 2.) Confirm that you have correct housing block/seizure screws installed. SA made both high/low-current types that will interchange in housings. These are color coded and need to be constant. High-current have a larger pin than a low-current.
>
> 3.) System Amp modules were also manufactured in both high/low-current modules. The low-current have smaller female "N-connection" and the high-current have a larger female "N-connection" to accept the housing block/seizure screw pin. Unfortunately these get interchanged in system housings without the knowledge of the concequences.
>
> If a low-current module (small female n-connector) is installed into a high-current housing seizure block (large pin), and excessive current is NOT exceeded, this will work...but exceeds/expands the diameter of the "female n-connector" in the module.
>
> If a high-current module (large female n-connector) is installed into a low-current housing seizure block (small pin), this will cause a potential open and cause high current draw that could burn-up both seizure and module connections.
>
> 4.) If a low-current module was forced into a high-current seizure in past...this would expand the female "N-connector". This module could be in the warehouse and sent into field with the assumption that the connections are correct. When this module gets installed in a low-current (small pin) housing, it will also cause a potential open and high-current draw that could burn-up equipment. Inspection of all modules in question should be performed so this will not happen.
>
> I hope that I have helped you. I used to be an FE with Philips and SA over the years. Now I am a contractor. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions!
>
> Greg Tobin
> (314) 422-4423
>
>
> > I just had 2 system 11 amps burn up the push on f connectors on the module, is this pretty normal and do the system 111 amps have the same problems. Chuck
This is CABL.com posting #85913. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwvR
Posted in reply to: Re: system 11amps by Buffalo Chips
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: system 11amps franmc 10/9/2002 1:59:00 PM
Re: system 11amps Buffalo Chips 10/9/2002 1:14:00 PM