Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Beware of Richard Wayne of Bigham Cable OBX

short and simple... the other splicers must have cut an awful lot of actives to burn up a power supply?????? it took 2 guys "all day" to splice a two way and change a couple fuses???????should've left your phone on before the beer and nacho run on monday......yes i'm a splicer, and when you splice in a node in place of the fortieth or whatever amp in cascade sometimes the levels are not correct.(amp # 40 to amp #2 in cascade--whew--look at that signal above 330 mhz!!!!)yes youre right though,IF the signal is perfect then there shouldn't be a problem with just verifying 1st old active(don't forget to check test point comp;) by the way, all the upgrades i've been on have both aerial and ug.Outages are not prejudiced against where the cable is placed. bottom line is this, i will do the very best i can to keep my company from being canned, if that means running the hour in to show my face,even if it doesn't do anything but burn gas.
until the next upgrade c ya(spin)
> Just for the record, I'm one of those so called "wire dogs"That took part in the work done in Duck. We used a terminating P/S to feed our node and to keep the node below us active. Things were fine on Friday when we cleared the area, but on Saturday another group of splicer went into the node below us and cut in a bunch of new avtives but faild to cut in their own P/S. This caused a major drain on the P/S that was feeding both of those nodes. Well quess what? The P/S melted down causing that outage.It wasn't until Sunday that we were made aware of that problem.I and a co-worker spent all day cutting in a 2-way at the node and re-powering 6 actives in order to get both nodes back up.It was us who fixed it, not your hero. But we sure got blamed for it! And as far as outages on Monday,...there were none that we were told about. But we're sure that your HERO say's differently!
> Now lets go to node 29. Your HERO was told on Thursday morning that the node was 2db off on 3 legs and that the top right leg was 4db hot. His new side kick was with him at that time. They both looked at each other and did not have an anserw. We told them that there would be a powering if we were to continue. Still no anserw! So at the end of the day, we had to balance on old levels. No problem! Everything came up! We re-balanced the 1st old active on Bay Berry,...and did not touch a single thing on that street all day. Knowing this everything should have been fine. Later that evening,...your HERO claims there was a MAJOR OUTAGE! He had called and asked if we re-balanced the 1st old active on Bay Berry. Thinking that us "wire Dogs" were lieing,...he went too see if we did do as we told him. Well your HERO screwed up! He went to the 2nd active on Bay Berry finding it 20db hot.(so he claims) Now....you as a splicer should know that if you did not toch anything on that street...and after re-balancing the 1st active ...everything from that point on should run fine. Right? Well maybe it was 20db hot...but it tells me that it has been that way for a while and for good reason. Do you think that it might have been bad cable or faulty equipment prior to us being there? I guess you nor your HERO has been on an U.G retro job before because if you were you would know that this sort of thing happens all the time. We did not refuse to run that call. Your HERO said that he was in the area and that he would check on it,seeing how we were an hour away.We told him that if there was a problem to let us know and that we would assist him.
> The next morning he called Warren into the office and told him to have us dump our trucks. When we ask him to come out to feild and let us prove to him what we said was the truth,...he refused! What's up Rich,...don't want to be proved wrong and ruin that selfish ego of yours?!!
> Well now that you girls have heard what you came for..you all can pull your skirts down and go give your HERO a big pat on the back!
> Warren has also worked very hard and for alot more years then Rich to get where he is today. He has worked on several jobs as project manager, splicing supervisor, and construction supervisor. He has always stood behind his people and thanked them all at the end of every work day....not yell at them and call them stupid.This is why we work for him today and will continue to work for him in the future!
> So-Long Girls...Wish ya-all the Best!
This is CABL.com posting #85768. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwtw
Posted in reply to: Re: Beware of Richard Wayne of Bigham Cable OBX by Pythoncable
There are 0 replies to this message