Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Reverse path alignment for 'unity gain'

You always set up your return path plant starting at the Node. Chances are your amps do not have continuity of the return path until you instal at a minimum pads and equilizers. You may have to install return hybids or other hardware in addition at each amp. Regardless, you always start at the node and work out in each direction. Remember this is return not forward path so its done backwards from how you would set up and sweep your forward path. The Modems do indeed inject 55dbmv into the subsriber drop, rides coax to the first amp and cascades through each subsequent amp until reaching the node where its converted to light and goes back to the head end through fiber. Your amp manufacturer should easily be able to give you a quick run down of proper injection levels and test points etc for your gear.

> Alright, I'm tired of talking to the 'experts' about aligning my reverse path, now I want to hear from the real experts, you guys/girls. I need to achieve 'unity gain' of 20 dB across the board, I'm using Phillips GNA 397 amplifiers and Antec LLRX 400 nodes. I'm getting conflicting reports on: 1. Where and how much signal to inject. 2.Which way to go,(from the headend out, or from the end of line in.) Any information would be greatly welcomed. I can't get much more confused.(fire)
This is CABL.com posting #85563. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwqd
Posted in reply to: Reverse path alignment for 'unity gain' by cablelady418
There are 0 replies to this message