Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: QUESTION ON DRIVEWAY BORES????

I've been in Cable since 85 done it all. Boreing in my mind the easyest in and out 20 minute to 45 will be drilling with rods. Case or Ditch witch. The machine must have a little ass to it and not be light like a Line Ward. up here in Ohio (northern) we have areas that are sand stone mixed and or river rocks mixed with sand. if indeedyour useing a mole or pushing it you had better be deep and plan on coming back and doing restoration. rods you can drill at 12" (for a drop) and not flex or bump the drive. main line doasnt have to be 4' down ........good luck

> I know I am a little late in responding, but don't take for granted the type of enviorment that you are working in mabye a sand filled area which would make hole hog dive downward,unless you start it at an upward angle. Tell you the truth the best thing for short bore's under driveway's less than 20 ft, I'd use a bore gun with water seem's sometime's to zip right through the job very easily, but if you are useing a hole hog buy a pulling kit will cost you about $500 and willsave you a whole lot of time.
>
> > Drop master I started doing drops in 1981 with a minisneaker
> > using bore rods and had the same problem you have the best
> > and most afforable at the time was the old cable hound. If your using rods this still works well if you use a missile
> > then this will not work unless you use a hose with metal in
> > it or have a steel cable attached to it. They do make an
> > a locator that has a sound that works like the directional
> > bore units but its costly if you're working on a thin budget.
> > Once you get used to using one of these systems it's hard to
> > go back to anything else. It may not go where you want it but
> > at least you know how deep it is and where it's at. hope
> > this helps.
This is CABL.com posting #84895. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwfr
Posted in reply to: Re: QUESTION ON DRIVEWAY BORES???? by fjjk1970
There are 0 replies to this message