Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Charter/Crown fiasco in Montgomery

Sounds like Mastec!!(snipper)

> This project has got to be the most poorly managed project i've worked. Subs looking for work should avoid this place because Charter and Crown are not paying the subs according to the price sheet provided. Set-up charges have been limited to 2 per print no matter how many may be on a print. One sub had a print with over 20 set-ups on it and was only paid for 2. Yet if you only do 2, then the invoice is not paid. The prime also expects the sub to do 100% pole ride-out in the nodes for no pay. If an item is overlooked and not done, you guessed it, the invoice is not paid. Some invoices are over 5 weeks behind. How do they expect subs to continue to work without being paid. The prime expects the sub to perform their work in a timely and professional matter but doesnt care if the subs are paid in a timely matter. I've been on this project over 5 weeks and have only had 2 gigs out of all the work I've performed. Why can't I be paid? Crown doesn't have enough QUALIFIED people to run the job. They have QC people with very little experience looking at the subs work. I cleaned up gigs from another subs work that included things like remove j hook from pole. You guessed it, the invoice was not paid to the original sub. And yes , I'll be paid (who knows when)for cleaning up the node. I reckon sooner or later all the subs will be gone from Montgomery, then Charter and Crown will be stuck with a half completed job. It's really sad that this industry has come to such a poor state of affairs that the big guy can screw the little guy and get away with it.
This is CABL.com posting #84512. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mv9g
Posted in reply to: Charter/Crown fiasco in Montgomery by 1spanDan
There are 0 replies to this message