Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Audio Interference w/ DCT 2000 box

Let me take a simple shot at this one...If the audio on the DCT2000 itself is turned down using the DCT remote and the audio of the surround system or TV is turned up to compensate for the low DCT output it will cause the hum you are talking about
Turn the DCT audio all the way up and then adjust the audios out of the suerround system or the TV down ..Balance out all your Audios.. on all the equipment
> I hope this helps..
George
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm not a hardcore RF/Cable tech-guy, but I know a bit. I hope someone can help me with my current difficulty. I subscribe to Comcast and have their Digital Cable service.
> >
> > My box is a Motorola DCT 2000. I currently have the baseband/RCA connectors outputtting to my stereo vcr input and the output going to my stereo TV. I have low-end Monster Video cable running throughout the system and all components are plugged into a surge supressor that is connected to the same circuit.
> >
> > I am experiencing a high-pitch 'whine' or 'hum' on most channels, and it is espically apparent when the video onscreen goes to very light or white colors. It drives me crazy.
> >
> > Is this the price of doing business or do you think something can be done about it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Patrick
> >
> > dev is correct, certain tv audio will cause the whine if volume is set to high. run optimum stereo then try turnig tv back to 1/2 volume. my jvc tv does this. surround sound will be great at this setting also>
This is CABL.com posting #84122. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mv2Y
Posted in reply to: Re: Audio Interference w/ DCT 2000 box by tvrockdog
There are 0 replies to this message