Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: INSTALLERS!!!!!ARE YOU OUT THERE??????????

Boy what a liaryou are. You told me that you were working for Prince and that your company was affiliated with Prince. Make up your mind. Jim Brogan, Jef Broooks and Hoss.

> Brother, I totaly agree with you. As a company, we don't do 50/50. We know thatyou are the guys that are out there busting your butts to get the job done, therefore we want to compensate you for that work. There are companies out there like Prince that tell us they are only taking 30%. When we get the prices they are so low that we can't make any money. I could give you all of what they are paying me and you still wouldn't make a dime.
>
> How do you change this? You can't. Only the companies that pay fairly will be the ones that you want to work for and keep doing business with. I can't change the industry. I can, however, change the way we do business and pay what is fair to the sub. We do try to pay 60/40 and sometimes thay may even go to 70/30. I believe that if you guys are out there doing the work then you should be paid fairly. The problem is when you have so-called subs coming up and asking for a hand out and telling you that they need this or that to work. The subs is supposed to have everthing he needs to complete the job. I don't mind giving a helping hand every now and then but when it gets abused then the company has to compensate in some way.
>
> If subs truely are going to be subs then they will come to the job with what is required and be able to pay their expences till payday. In most cases that is not the case in the cable industry. This is why we companies are taking more money because they are having to put more on the line and taking the chance of not being ripped off.
>
> As a company we pride ourselves on not being like some of the other compaies out there. These are the companies that want to rip you off and don't give a hoot about you or what you have to bring to the table as long as you can do the work. How does a company treat you like crap and then expect you to give 110%. In short, they can't.
>
> Some companies are huge and they are huge because of the people that work for them. They get the job done. Do they need the 50/50? NO! Are they gonna take it? YES! That's why they can't get anyone to come to work though. Come the end of the year and they moan about not meeting a certain quota, it's because they only are conserned about getting the job, not the money they are going to have to be able to pay out to subs to do the work. Most of their people are in house. Maybe this is why they can take the real money and pay out chump change.
>
> Just my thoughts on the whole thing. I will do my part to help the industry but it takes more than one person to move a mountain.
>
>
> > "The pay is better then some, but not as good as others" It is understandable that if you want to make money in cable, you have to be willing to travel...However, so called "Primes" A: NEVER REALLY pay a sub HALF...Do we ever REALLY know what THEY get? B: Primes don't take the risk! They come into a system, slam it as quick as they can, and if their contract is pulled, they go somewhere eles. Leaving the sub to either follow them to a new system, or find another company to work with. Subs have ALL the expences...Hotels, insurance, meals etc...While the Prime gets HALF for doing nothing more then "getting the contract"
> >
> > Please DONT CRY about having to get an office, some phones and a fax machine...The SUBS pay that for you! PRIMES need to be more committed to making their contract successful, instead of trying to see how many unqualified subs they can get to make them MORE MONEY. We dont have a problem with traveling, PRIMES HAVE A PROBLEM PAYING! Why is the unwritten rule 50/50? Or should I say 70/30 for the prime. (we know they never tell subs what they REALLY get from the MSO) What justification does the prime have for taking 50%?
> >
> > SOMEONE PLEASE JUSTIFY IT! Could the Prime SURVIVE with a 60/40 split...60 to the sub? IM sure they could. It would be a different story if the Prime was paying all the bills, but their not. They have the best of both worlds...they have people making them money, without the expences and risks of a company that has employees. YOU DONT HAVE RISK! You get the contract, have subs work it until it is done, or the MSO kicks you out of the system, then you move on. It has been PROVEN on this site, that just because a Prime loses a contract or gets a BAD reputation, doesn't mean they wont go somewhere eles. The MSO wants the lowest bid, not the best companies. The Primes don't care what they bid, because they get half for nothing. JUSTIFY 50/50!
> >
> > Don't justify the split by saying "we did the work to get the contract" Don't say, "If you want to make PRIME money, get your own contract"
> >
> > Tell us why it's 50/50!!! Tell us why the people who MAKE YOU THE MONEY, has to be the one to STRUGGLE...Why does the PERSON WHO MAKES YOU THE MONEY have to take all the risk and bear all the expence!?! WE as subs KNOW where our 50% goes...It goes to pay the expences of working away from home!!! Where does the PRIMES 50% go? Materials? NO...Insurance? NO...Gas, equipment, payroll taxes, 401K for subs...HELL NO!!! PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE PRIME CAN'T split 60/40, or even 70/30 in favor of the Sub. 30% of something is better then 50% of nothing. PLEASE don't justify it with, "If we wouldn't have received a contract, the sub wouldn't even be getting 50%" WRONG...Primes come and go...THE WORK WOULD STILL NEED TO BE COMPLETED...and it would be done by the same subs! Subs stay the same.
> >
> > If you look at ANY industry, and company with "employees" they would KIL to make a profit margin of 50% on the work their employees do for them! WHY 50/50? You want quality...you want to retain good people...OPEN YOUR WALLETS!!! JUSTIFY THE 50/50!!!
> >
> > > We currently are looking for Installers. We know that you are hard to find, but we know you are out there. Like most locations, the pay goes up and down. We are trying to change that and make the jobs available that are paying decent for the installer. We Just opened up Jersey and Long Island. The Chicago area will be also coming up. Maybe we should do this a little differently. Why don't you, the installer, tell us what you expect from the pay and we'll see if this is worth your time and effort. Our prices are set and they are good but it seems that when we tell you what the pay is, depending on the location and the specs, you want more. EVERYBODY wants more! Some insight in the cable field, the jobs and pay suck right now. We are higher than a lot and we are lower than some as well. What we offer is a steady job and location. We try to get jobs that are closer to where people are inquiring from. It seems that everybody wants to work at home. NEWS FLASH! YOU ARE IN THE WRONG INDUSTRY IF YOU WANT TO STAY AT HOME AND DO CABLE! Right now that seems to be the east coast. And to be honest, the money and the work is on the east coast. If you want to moan about the money it takes to live there then don't bother asking about a job. If you already know what it takes to work there then why are you bothering me about a job when you know that it isn't something that you don't want? The prices are higher to compensate for the living cost. If you live in that area then you are going to do just fine. If you are an installer in the Long Island and Jersey area, or want work in that area, please call or e-mail us about the work available. 316-651-6837 or E-Mail @ (-REDACTED-)
> > >
> > > P.S. Since our Misfortune with Nova Communications, we now run background checks on ALL companies we do business with. (clap)(confused)(nono)(shocked)(deal)
This is CABL.com posting #84119. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mv2V
Posted in reply to: Re: INSTALLERS!!!!!ARE YOU OUT THERE?????????? by cableme
There are 0 replies to this message