Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: EXTRA MONEY

I don't understand why you want to penalize success.People with more money will buy more expensive items, thereby paying more taxes. Let's see, I want to buy a BMW but you would have me stuck buying a VW because I can't afford the taxes. This in turn would mean that I pay fewer taxes and drive something I really don't want. How can anyone get ahead if you keep raising the taxes.
With a Flat Sales Tax the people get ALL thier money before the Gvt does. That's a 25-40% increase in bringhome pay depending on your current tax bracket.
Put more money in peoples pockets and they WILL spend it. This in turn creates jobs which kicks the economy in the ass to get it moving.
As for bookeepers, companies will always need you. Bookeepers are an intregal part of business and are needed to show cash flow, profits, and losses.
I agree with what you said about DC. However, when each individual has to pay the tax out of thier own pocket instead of payroll deductions,each time they buy something, they will pay much closer attention to DC trying to raise taxes because it will affect everybody. Not just a few politicaly incorrect people.

> No accountants! Ouch, that hurt! (I'm a bookkeeper). The "National Sales Tax" isn't such a bad idea, only we all know it wouldn't stay at any reasonable % for long. Face it, the blood suckers in DC will take it any way they can get it as long as you make it.
> You can't even die for free. The inheritance tax is the most blantant double taxation there is!
> Also, with the wonderous elimination of the IRS, (and other various occupations) unemployment would be sky high. Then, those not buying anything would reduce the tax income from the National Sales Tax, and so on, and so on....
> Hike the luxury taxes (homes over X level, boats, luxury cars), reduce the "credits", take your expenses,and tax the rest at a flat rate. I could even accept 20%, if it would stay there.
>
> > That sounds like a good idea I hadn't considered a national sales tax. Would it be in addition to state or local sales taxes or would the feds dole out the money to the states.
> >
> > > A flat tax is my second choice! With a flat tax you still have to allow the Gvt access to your Private records and are still held liable for any honest mistake, with jail time staring you in the face.
> > > Income taxes are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. They are an invasion of privacy and a major pain in the ass.
> > > No, my friend, a national sales tax is the way to go. If you make food (groceries not eating out) and medical exempt(this way it wouldn't hurt the truly poor) and make the tax about 6-7%. Just think of the billions of dollars lost just in the illegal drug trade alone. Not to mention all the people working under the table(especially illegal aliens) who would have to pay taxes every time they buy something.
> > > Just think, NO ACCOUNTANTS, NO RECORDS, NO IRS SIEZURES, NO GOVERNMENT INVASION OF PRIVACY, NO REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH, NO TAX FORMS TO DEAL WITH THAT CHANGE EVERY YEAR, AND IT'S FAIR FOR EVERYONE.
> > > Wealthy people buy more expensive homes, cars, toys etc, thereby paying more taxes than the avg Joe. The poor who can only afford to eat pay no taxes.
> > > Also, if you want to save your money, it costs you nothing.
> > > If you think 7% is too low, consider this, by the time a product gets to the consumer it has usually been sold 2-5 times.
> > > Worried about buying a home? Just roll the sales tax into the mortgage. Which is about the same fee the realtor charges you.
> > > I have thought this thru very thoroughly and would be happy to answer any serious questions.
This is CABL.com posting #84096. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mv2y
Posted in reply to: Re: EXTRA MONEY by Line Widow
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: EXTRA MONEY Line Widow 9/17/2002 9:15:00 PM