Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: EXTRA MONEY

The national sales tax would replace the Fedieral Income Tax.
Local governments need to retain as much power as possible.
A flat sales tax would also eliminate politicians trying to manipulate behavoir through taxes. IE: Sin taxes,all loopholes,death tax,and especially TAX CREDITS.
Speaking of Tax Credits, what an oxymoron. A tax is money confiscated from you by the Gvt. Credit is when you borrow money and pay it back at a set interest.
So a Tax Credit by difinition is the Gvt taking your money and then lending your money back to you to be paid back with interest.
Yep, sounds like Washington!

> That sounds like a good idea I hadn't considered a national sales tax. Would it be in addition to state or local sales taxes or would the feds dole out the money to the states.
>
> > A flat tax is my second choice! With a flat tax you still have to allow the Gvt access to your Private records and are still held liable for any honest mistake, with jail time staring you in the face.
> > Income taxes are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. They are an invasion of privacy and a major pain in the ass.
> > No, my friend, a national sales tax is the way to go. If you make food (groceries not eating out) and medical exempt(this way it wouldn't hurt the truly poor) and make the tax about 6-7%. Just think of the billions of dollars lost just in the illegal drug trade alone. Not to mention all the people working under the table(especially illegal aliens) who would have to pay taxes every time they buy something.
> > Just think, NO ACCOUNTANTS, NO RECORDS, NO IRS SIEZURES, NO GOVERNMENT INVASION OF PRIVACY, NO REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH, NO TAX FORMS TO DEAL WITH THAT CHANGE EVERY YEAR, AND IT'S FAIR FOR EVERYONE.
> > Wealthy people buy more expensive homes, cars, toys etc, thereby paying more taxes than the avg Joe. The poor who can only afford to eat pay no taxes.
> > Also, if you want to save your money, it costs you nothing.
> > If you think 7% is too low, consider this, by the time a product gets to the consumer it has usually been sold 2-5 times.
> > Worried about buying a home? Just roll the sales tax into the mortgage. Which is about the same fee the realtor charges you.
> > I have thought this thru very thoroughly and would be happy to answer any serious questions.
This is CABL.com posting #84095. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mv2x
Posted in reply to: Re: EXTRA MONEY by 1FARMER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: EXTRA MONEY SWEEP NAZI 9/17/2002 11:37:00 PM