Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bucket Truck Speed Limits??

No, just for not going into the scales, every time after that they just waved me through and didn't weigh the truck or do an inspection. It was a big waste of time and money, both mine and the hiway patrols.

> Farmer; Did they bust you for noy having your boom chained down also. That always a good ticket at the port of entry.
>
> > In Ca. any two axel vehicle can do the car speed limit ( as long as your not towing anything ). But the law reads that any truck over 3/4 ton with an altered bed (that means a flatbed pickup ) must stop at the scales. I got a ticket in an SU-34 and found out the hard way after 15 years of blowing past them with out a second thought.
> >
> > > Has anyone ever heard of having to use the "truck" speed limit posted on highways while driving a bucket truck? My boyfriend and brother were driving through Illinois today at the car speed limit of 65mph and got pulled over. Cop said anything over 4 tons has to use the truck speed limit. Seems like some bs to me, does that mean we also have to stop at the weigh stations (rotflmao)? Just wondered if anyone else has heard of this.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #83920. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvZI
Posted in reply to: Re: Bucket Truck Speed Limits?? by Clean Splice
There are 0 replies to this message