Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What are good prices?

Amen Amen Amen!!! Now only if the companies we spliced for realized this we wouldnt be where we are now with people screaming about prices and talking about striking!

> Good Prices:I have been in the business going on 25 years now.
> As far as splicing your nut needs to be $4200 a week or better.
> Don't let anybody tell you different.
> As a splicer you work in the field all day on New Build,then back to the motel to build pieces about a 16 hour day.With 85% street side you should be getting 3500'and up a day.6 Days a week.Fair price 020 a foot,$700 a day,$4200 a week.
> Activation:
> You should be around .05 a foot.3 miles plus a day,including amp sheets and other paper work,as well as EOL's.
> Upgrade(Retro)
> This gets a little tricky.Depending on the condition of the system and spec's and footages as well as Street side verses Easement.A good upgrade splicer should get at least 18 locations(Drops,Moving loops,Activation) and a footage price at .035 and above is fair,However I have never worked for less than 0.38.With 15 locations and average span length of 125'Your at about $650 a day.
> Keep in mind I only work for the (Prime)and have many years exp and always run the show.The Prime should be kicking down 70 to 80 Percent.Again keep in mind all I need is prints and parts and away I go.I put alot of effort in my job,I drive out the retro runs ahead of time,checking asbuilts for powering and feed direction and such.If you are going to make your parts as you go and just work a 7:00 to 3:30 day you will make much less.I put in about 16 hours a day 6 days a week for a total of 96 hours.At about $45 an hour your at about $4200 a week.Whats your mechanic,plumber,electrician and other Pro's Make? Do they spend weeks in a motel?Are they away from there families?Do they live on fast food?
> Get the picture.If you have been doing this long enough,you are entitled to make the same wages as a mechanic.
> Hope this helps(cool)
>
> > I have read a bunch of posts advocating a strike due to the low prices. I recently posted on the bar for some help and thought I was offering a decent rate, but evidently I was wrong. So for a little help what would you guys say are fair, not raping the prime or the sub, but fair prices.
> > Give me the following:
> >
> > 1 Retro-fit:
> > 2 Strand:
> > 3 Cable:
> > 4 Cold splicing:
> > 5 Activation:
> > 6 Forward and Return Sweep:
> >
> > With the sub supplying all insurance and tools.
> > Just wondering for my own information.
> > Thanks
> >
This is CABL.com posting #83783. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvXv
Posted in reply to: Re: What are good prices? by Butt Monkey
There are 0 replies to this message