Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What side are you speaking from Aprilrain?

yes it is! Until this Adelphia thing there was always work when the rest of the country slowed down coupled with an influx of low bidders{an endless supply of them} but there was always work.Insurance prices and regulation has driven the reputable contractors out. There's still some good ones here but the prices have still been kept low.After this Adelphia thing? who knows whats comin' next! haven't talked to the major primes in a while to see how they faired Adelphias bankruptcy. I'm sure some good people took it in the shorts. I hope a few of them will survive!
Later,
Mike M.

> It's been 14 or 15 years since I crossed over the grapevine. Is it really that bad down there?
>
> > Apparently you haven't worked southern ca. for a while!
> > > Doesn't sound like you've worked in California, I'd estimate 75% of the linemen here are of northern european descent. I've managed to buy a house with a view of San Francisco Bay by not working for piddly-assed small contractors, so the prices can't be that bad. Quality work seems to come from the larger contracors, it's the subs I'm having to clean-up after.
> > >
> > > > sounds like a california girl? out here they seem to believe the only qualification you need to splice, activate, balace sweep is the ability to swim the rio grande and climb a pole. the prices reflect it and so does the quality of work!
> > > > adios,
> > > > mike m.
> > > > > Thank you for the advice Aprilrain. Do you have anymore?
This is CABL.com posting #83674. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvVK
Posted in reply to: Re: What side are you speaking from Aprilrain? by 1FARMER
There are 0 replies to this message