Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: At it Again! 17 cents a foot Retro

Sorry but this has sitting on my chest for a couple of days. Some guy posted he pays 60%. (This is not directed at him, just the scumbag that wants you to work for him and is not the prime) 60% of $.30 is $.18 hell I made $.15 a ft in 1989 working in house. They paid the freight(fuel, truck, ladder, and Insurance). Let me see, if a splicer does 2000’ today you pay $.18 that is $360 you make $240 because you know the prime or MSO why is that? Why do I have to work for you? Is it because you know something I don’t…I don’t think so. If you have 5 guys you now have $1200 today, the splicer is still at $360. Please tell me what you do that I can’t for your 40%. So here is where we are. The middleman wins why we starve and do the labor.
I just left a job after 1 1/2 years, why a price change in mid contract? Price went from $.35 to $.21 for the same job. Someone explain how you can pay that price once but you can't now. So here I am looking for a new home. They call and want you to go to east bumf**k for $.17 (LOL) the soup kitchen is closer than the Mid West. Who am I to complain just a 17-year dog with his tail between his legs. I hope someday things will change. Till then I will be asking do you need fries with that, because I will never work for $.17 as a contractor. (butthead)

> I understand what you mean - good approach. My husband's only 13 hours away, not as bad a trip as what you have to deal with....he will be home this weekend tho so will probably be involved in the chat session. Safe trip to you. Luck to you and yours.
>
> > Wife of a cable guy:
> > These type of people are way below me and my business and it is not worth my time.In the end they will get whats coming to them.These fly by night companies with their low pay will get kicked off the job and on to there next.If we can keep their names and companies in the spotlight long enough the word will get around.I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.I will keep voicing my opinion till I am heard.(wave)
> > I sure would like to join the chat sunday,But my family needs supporting so it's a 30 hour drive to Texas this weekend to work for some professionals.
> >
> > > Invite him to the chat session so he can be asked why he's offering such lousy pay, and see how he justifies it among those participating...could get interesting....(nod)
> > >
> > > > There at it again!The latest posting in the contract jobs is 17 cents a foot for retro.This guy has posted every other day.What decent contractor can work for this money? NONE Thats why this guy keeps posting.So give him a call and express your feelings.I am going to find the MSO on this project and send them a letter.
> > > > With prices as these the ad should Read...............
> > > > Come hack this system for 17 cents a foot.You are going to have to hack a mile a day to support your family and pay the bills.So commit cable suicide with us and we will all get a bad name together,Hurry up though you are needed ASAP to hack as much as you can before they shut us down and bring in the Professionals.25% retainage.*Note you will get paid when the sub of the sub we are working for gets paid!
> > > > Contact...Dowe,Cheatem & How LLC(joker)
This is CABL.com posting #83572. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvT6
Posted in reply to: Re: At it Again! 17 cents a foot Retro by Wife of a cable guy
There are 0 replies to this message