Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: North Dakota starts Tuesday.

>Sorry, my mistake, you are talking installs. Why be away from home and pay expenses on the road to make that kind of money. Depending on the area, you need 200-400 per week for hotels. Throw in truck payments, insurance, fuel, truck repairs (yes they all break), eating out, business insurance, workmans comp (depending on state), rain days, material delays, holidays, travel expenses to go home sometimes, tools, and any other expenses you want to throw in and how much are you making. That may be marginal if you are working at home, but on the road ??? Plus we would all like to put some in the bank. Not trying to be a smarta**, but good luck.

> $300.00 a day is a very reasonable figure. that idiot that says he has to have 800.00 a day is the reason MSOs get such a bad taste in their mouths. I have 17 installers that average about 300.00 a day and I don't mind paying that, but when I hear of some dipsh** who thinks he is worth 4000.00 a week or nothing, then he'll rot before I give him a frigging spot of work. 800.00 a day...and what the hell does that guy do that he thinks he's worth(flipoff) 800.00 a day? give me a damn break.
> > i GUESS THIS GUY IN North D is telling me these guys will hit 230 poles a day??????????????????????????? and by the way 3 bills is to keep labor going on the road, not splicers
> >
> > > Are you stupid? 800.00 a day huh? You have to be joking. That's 4000.00 a week for aerial work for a single guy? get for real. i'd wager you aren't working now.
> > >
> > > > $300 a day? Pay travel expenses, truck payments, insurance, hotels, taxes, fuel, truck repairs, plus normal expenses at home feeding three kids, and I need at least $800 a day or better to be away from my family. I'll do all the hard work there is out there, but not for nothing.
> > > >
> > > > > Well thats fine, $120 a day doing easement are you paying all the traveling expenses, and I got news for you nobody will last more than a few days at that rate, and about street side are you furnishing a driver and the bucket truck, and what about the time spent getting where you are going, doing minimal paper workm reading the plans etc. If it is so good do it yourself. You are just one of the reasons there is a stoppage considered, if a man with truck, ins. and a few tools can,t gross $300. per day to be away from home he might as well stay there, sorry unless you are working at least 16 hrs a day what you want can,t be done(biggrin)
> > > > > > A good guy will hit 150 per day (street side), about 80 in the rear. Add the dollars up on that?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Just out of curiosity how many poles do you figure a guy can hit a day and in how many hours, (streetside and easement)(spin)(biggrin)(roll)
> > > > > > > > Pole tagging job. We are helping the cable company settle a dispute with the electric company. Job is to install one (1) budco tag on the stran at every pole that cable plant is present. 9000 pole locations is the estimated amount to be done. Very simple job, minimal paperwork. Work starts Tuesday September 2nd. Take the first 20 guys that respond. 60% bucket accessable. Pays 1.25 per pole location. It is pole to pole work. Phone calls only please. First come first served. 405-370-0518. It is as simple as it says. Thanks Jason
This is CABL.com posting #82612. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvEC
Posted in reply to: Re: North Dakota starts Tuesday. by RR4490
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: North Dakota starts Tuesday. Chopps 9/3/2002 9:24:00 PM