Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for all of you splicers

When it comes to balancing your leg and node, at the end of the day after all end of lines are checked, it should come out perfect, or within 2 DB of the guidline, how hard is that to do!!! granted it will change a little when the sweepers come through.. you have some good days where everything goes like clock work, and you go home with no suck outs or shorts, and everything balances right to spec, then there is days when you have to chase down dead short, or a newbies suckout, or maybe he didnt tighten his siezer screw, that happands quite often with greenhorns, or new arials that dont hold there coax tight while tightening. I have sen a lot of splicers that cant read thewre map, or they cant take a minute to walk to the next tap to do a continuity check, cant read a map, do a cont test, easiest way to get your ins and outs right.
> HOLD ON GUYS, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SYSTEM OPERATOR DOING HIS THING IN-HOUSE., NOT SOMEONE WHO DOE'S THIS SYSTEM BUILD FOR A LIVING. YOU HAVING PROLEMS WITH (YOUR) SPLICERS!?! I'VE NEVER WORKED IN A SYSTEM YET THAT DIDN'T HAVE PROPER LEVELS BEFORE WE LEFT THE FIELD THAT DAY. iF YOUR TALKIN' COLD PLANT, YES sh** DOES HAPPEN, BUT BEFORE IT'S TURNED OVER TO YOU THOSE PROBLEMS ARE CORRECTED AS THE SYSTEM IS FIRED UP. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY WITH THIS POST? YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR OWN PEOPLE SO REDESIGN YOUR SYSTEM? DANG MAN!!! YOU JUST HAVIN' A BAD DAY?
> HAVE A GOOD DAY,
> MIKE M.(kissy)
> > I just had my Director of Engineering come and inform me that from now on I am no longer supposed to use any DC's in the design I do. His reason was and I quote" I want this done this way because every time I send a splicer out to splice and he comes to a dc, he always splices the cables to the wrong leg on the dc. My question to him was wouldn't it be better to train the splicers how to read a map. He told me that this was becomming more of an industry standard. This is the reason of the shorter cascades. To eliminate the use of dc's. It has nothing to do with bandwith, distortions or any other valid reason. Except to keep his splicers from screwing up.
> >
> > Is this standard procedure with any other companies out there?(shocked)(eek)(bounce)(rolleyes)
This is CABL.com posting #82426. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvBC
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for all of you splicers by voices
There are 0 replies to this message