Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime Class Action Lawsuit against ORIUS

go on the Internet to locate a handful of people not happy across the country? I think you should leave well enough alone. The only ones that are going to come forward are the individuals that should not be in this business in the first place.
> This business is based on production to get a job done, with quality. This is the way the job is bid. I feel the companies are willing to give you a percentage of the production, this is costing them a lot more than full time employees at an hourly rate. For the most part the average hourly rate is between 8-15 dollars an hour. Since you are on production you have the opportunity to better yourself. With production the average rate is at least twice that.
> The way I see it, the company is paying you double time on 40 hours and under. If a person in this business cannot double or triple their hourly rate on production then they need to find another job. Perhaps flipping burgers at the local burger joint.
> Can someone explain to me the difference of being on production to a sale person or realtor on commission, a waitress on tips, or a salary person putting in 50-60 hours a week? So why do the laws differ here?
> Everyone is told up front and given a price sheet on pay. If they didn't want to agree to this they should have never taken the job in the first place. They are also given an hourly rate that they also agreed on for the occasions they are on hours. This they also agreed on when they took the job. If you were to ask anyone in this business to be paid hours instead of production, then no one would do it
This is CABL.com posting #82251. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvyN
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime Class Action Lawsuit against ORIUS by mlizon
There are 0 replies to this message