Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Stealth training

I am very interested in training to be a fiber splicer but don't know where to start. I have a year or so experience as a coax splicer's asst. And my wife wants to learn how to sweep but has no previous experience. If you have any info for me it would be greatly appreciated.

> The good folks at WWG do a great job. Honest and genuine. They want you to do all their equipment is capable of. This has been my experience with them.
> >
> >>Training is a noble thought. Be sure that you teach the truth of this industry along with the basic knowledge. there are those who think that a little info means that you somehow owe them or they somehow own you. not to mention names...Truman Stephens!!!
> >>
> >>>Does anyone think there is a market for basic splice, sweep, and certification training within the industry? Not so much theory but more directed at real life field applications from initial setup to line-end certification. Any responses appreciated.
> >>>
> >>> Yes I would be interested please respond to (-REDACTED-)
> >I see plenty of people on this cable,bar asking about the very same thing. The only training I know of is at some community colleges for fiber splicing and installs but no Sweep techs. I would suggest you hook up with some company so you can give class room work along with hands on training and your students can work in the field as ,entry level helpers its a win win for everyone involved . Good luck
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
This is CABL.com posting #82005. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvuP
Posted in reply to: Stealth training by VODSQUAD
There are 0 replies to this message