Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for all of you splicers

If I were you,I would find another job. Get away from this so called engineer. It is hard to believe that any MSO would go for this sh*t. You are sitting on a powder keg that is waiting to explode. (skull)

> The company I work for is a contractor, not an MSO. THe splicers I am talking about work for our company building the plant we design. To make matters worse. This is all Arieal Plant that we are designing.
>
> > HOLD ON GUYS, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SYSTEM OPERATOR DOING HIS THING IN-HOUSE., NOT SOMEONE WHO DOE'S THIS SYSTEM BUILD FOR A LIVING. YOU HAVING PROLEMS WITH (YOUR) SPLICERS!?! I'VE NEVER WORKED IN A SYSTEM YET THAT DIDN'T HAVE PROPER LEVELS BEFORE WE LEFT THE FIELD THAT DAY. iF YOUR TALKIN' COLD PLANT, YES sh** DOES HAPPEN, BUT BEFORE IT'S TURNED OVER TO YOU THOSE PROBLEMS ARE CORRECTED AS THE SYSTEM IS FIRED UP. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY WITH THIS POST? YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR OWN PEOPLE SO REDESIGN YOUR SYSTEM? DANG MAN!!! YOU JUST HAVIN' A BAD DAY?
> > HAVE A GOOD DAY,
> > MIKE M.(kissy)
> > > I just had my Director of Engineering come and inform me that from now on I am no longer supposed to use any DC's in the design I do. His reason was and I quote" I want this done this way because every time I send a splicer out to splice and he comes to a dc, he always splices the cables to the wrong leg on the dc. My question to him was wouldn't it be better to train the splicers how to read a map. He told me that this was becomming more of an industry standard. This is the reason of the shorter cascades. To eliminate the use of dc's. It has nothing to do with bandwith, distortions or any other valid reason. Except to keep his splicers from screwing up.
> > >
> > > Is this standard procedure with any other companies out there?(shocked)(eek)(bounce)
This is CABL.com posting #81735. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvqt
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for all of you splicers by cablcontractor
There are 0 replies to this message