Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Seeking advice from real lineman....

And don't forget that most business meetings are completed at the TITTY BAR. So before you're a supervisor, have a platnum credit card & the divorce settlement, complete with child support arrangements, signed.

> To become a supervisor it may also help to swing a golf club, and hold your liquor with the best of them. This seemed to work for many at a company I once worked for.(smokin)
>
> > Well, if your wish is to become a lineman then all of the best advice you could ever hope for is listed! if your wish is to become a supervisor or a straw boss then 90% BS and 10% kknowledge of the buisness is all that is required by 90% of the companies out there!!!(wink)
> >
> > > I'm seeking some advice from some veteran lineman. I've been installing and burying drops for about 4 years. I'm interested in going back to college for utility line for a couple of years. My only big concern is that my body doesn't know what it's in for. Just how hard is the lineman occupation on the body. I'm in my early 20's and can already feel the effects of tugging a 28' ladder around all day. I just don't want to feel 60 when I'm 30. What kind of a toll does it take on the body. Also, about how long does it take before one can move up to a supervisory position generally? Thanks alot for the feedback to any who reply.(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #81518. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvmY
Posted in reply to: Re: Seeking advice from real lineman.... by warfin
There are 0 replies to this message