Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Adelphia

Yepper, I figgered that the scene on t.v. was more or less a little showing of force from the feds. Dunno if it was meant to instill a sense of fear in the other crooked exec's or to show the "Joe Average" consumer that something is being done about corporate financial manipulation.
Why we've heard nothing more is anyone's guess. Probably got the ol' gag order on it. Any justice that is rendered on the old boy's really won't amount to diddly in the grand scheme of things. The people that are in control of the company now are still a bit clueless as to how to proceed forward. There are many area's that are in limbo for upgrade completion and I don't really think the boy's are using thier best logic in determining which to proceed with. Los Angeles being thier big hit these day's and also being the biggest "squeaky wheel" will probably be one of the first to get the blessing to go ahead. But that may not be the case, it makes too much sense.
Keep an eye on what happens in the future, the Rigas' have nothing to do with it anymore. I know people want to see them fry but there's probably enough money sitting in a Greek bank to isolate them from any real punishment. Besides the real punishment would be rendered to the prison employee that would have to change the old man's Depends.

This is CABL.com posting #81428. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvlw
There are 0 replies to this message