Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Seeking advice from real lineman....

IM 43 AND BEEN DOING LINEWORK FOR 23 YEARS.ONCE YOU GET IN TO THE GROOVE YOU WILL BE IN BETTER SHAPE THAN MOST PEOPLE YOUR AGE BECAUSE YOULL USE MUCSLES YOU THOUGHT YOU NEVER HAD.IT WONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT AND YES YOULL FEEL IT.AT 43 I KICK ASS ON MOST OF THE GUYS IN THEIR 20`S.BUT,WHEN YOU GET A FEW MONTHS OFF OR GET A LOT OF BUCKET WORK YOULL HAVE TO START OVER GETTING IN CLIMBING SHAPE.1 MORE THING,FORGET ABOUT BEING A(barf) SUPORVISOR IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANY MONEY.THEIR PAIED LESS THAN A GOOD SPLICER ON PIECE RATE.A LOT LESS!!

> I'm seeking some advice from some veteran lineman. I've been installing and burying drops for about 4 years. I'm interested in going back to college for utility line for a couple of years. My only big concern is that my body doesn't know what it's in for. Just how hard is the lineman occupation on the body. I'm in my early 20's and can already feel the effects of tugging a 28' ladder around all day. I just don't want to feel 60 when I'm 30. What kind of a toll does it take on the body. Also, about how long does it take before one can move up to a supervisory position generally? Thanks alot for the feedback to any who reply.(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #80982. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvek
Posted in reply to: Seeking advice from real lineman.... by teledog
There are 0 replies to this message