Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Seeking advice from real lineman....

OK, from the WIFE's point of view, ladder or hooking, there are days when you can count how many poles you've been up by the number of groans when you walk. Hooks are definitely safer than ladders!!! You will also learn to walk rather strangely if you ware hooks...kinda ankle-preservation, if you know what I mean. Buy a good set of tweezers for the first pole you burn!(shocked)
Just remember, what ever kind of rep you make for yourself, it WILL follow you where ever you go...Cable/Fiber is a VERY small world!
And no, you don't have to get rid of the wife. Been a Line Widow for 15 years. Just have to have patience and tollerance!
Best of luck to you, Newbie!
Line Widow

> I'm seeking some advice from some veteran lineman. I've been installing and burying drops for about 4 years. I'm interested in going back to college for utility line for a couple of years. My only big concern is that my body doesn't know what it's in for. Just how hard is the lineman occupation on the body. I'm in my early 20's and can already feel the effects of tugging a 28' ladder around all day. I just don't want to feel 60 when I'm 30. What kind of a toll does it take on the body. Also, about how long does it take before one can move up to a supervisory position generally? Thanks alot for the feedback to any who reply.(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #80600. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mu8a
Posted in reply to: Seeking advice from real lineman.... by teledog
There are 0 replies to this message