Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone ever install channel insertion equipmen

Member Uploaded Image

>
> Congradulations. OK that was easy. Next!
> > Anyone ever install channel insertion equipment onto a cable system. Today was cool. Never did it before but had to today. I was doing a rebuild into a holiday inn. They also had a lodgenet system that was inserted onto the cable system. The channel line up usually goes up to 99, but in this hotel channel 2 thru 70 was there but I had to insert the lodgenet channels on to channel 77. It flipped me out. First I had to study the whole lodgnet insertion system. Than I had to rebuild it for the new system and make sure the insertion worked. Also the were getting HBO on channel 6 which had to be inserted so that every room did not need a converter. Basically at the poe of the building is where you find the insertion equipment. Its usually baffed right off the hardline. I than had to run a jumper to a PI which I had another PI connected to. The RF ac went into the first pi, I pulled a thru leg slug so just RF left the 1st pi . I than sent my ac out of the down side of the 1st pi to the second. Ill get back to the second pi in a few. Now the first pi was just passing RF out of my thru leg. That than went to a splitter. One leg off the splitter went to the input of a converter. The out put of the converter went to the input of a processor. The processor was set to process channel 6 in which is HBO. The leg than came out of the processor and went to a filter which than went to another splitter that had the lodgenet channels on it. It combined the channels 6, Nintendo, in-house movies and the hotels own channel. It than sent it to the 2 pi. Remember I said I would get back to that pI. Now that 2nd Pi just has ac on it, but now I insert the rf from my combined channels and my 2nd pi now combines all the channels and AC . Now that gets jumped to the first Bridger that was in the hotel, amplifies it and sent it to the rest of the hotel.
> > Now if you think that was hard to understand, just think of how hard it was to do. I'm glad its over. I probably left out a few steps, but for the most part I think I did it right. When I left everything was working, but I afraid to see what happens Tomorrow. Anyone ever do something like this. It felt like I was back in school taking my SAT tests. (beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #80593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mu73
There is 1 reply to this message