Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone ever install channel insertion equipmen

>
> >> Ive done insertions many times in many different configurations. It can be enough to make your head spin at first. i find it easier if i sit down knowing what needs to be inserted and maintained and draw it on paper before beginning. Welcome to the world of the mini head end.The trick can come when you forget that you should make the inserted signal equal or close to equal to the adjacent channels so that you dont have large spikes or drop outs.
>
> > Anyone ever install channel insertion equipment onto a cable system. Today was cool. Never did it before but had to today. I was doing a rebuild into a holiday inn. They also had a lodgenet system that was inserted onto the cable system. The channel line up usually goes up to 99, but in this hotel channel 2 thru 70 was there but I had to insert the lodgenet channels on to channel 77. It flipped me out. First I had to study the whole lodgnet insertion system. Than I had to rebuild it for the new system and make sure the insertion worked. Also the were getting HBO on channel 6 which had to be inserted so that every room did not need a converter. Basically at the poe of the building is where you find the insertion equipment. Its usually baffed right off the hardline. I than had to run a jumper to a PI which I had another PI connected to. The RF ac went into the first pi, I pulled a thru leg slug so just RF left the 1st pi . I than sent my ac out of the down side of the 1st pi to the second. Ill get back to the second pi in a few. Now the first pi was just passing RF out of my thru leg. That than went to a splitter. One leg off the splitter went to the input of a converter. The out put of the converter went to the input of a processor. The processor was set to process channel 6 in which is HBO. The leg than came out of the processor and went to a filter which than went to another splitter that had the lodgenet channels on it. It combined the channels 6, Nintendo, in-house movies and the hotels own channel. It than sent it to the 2 pi. Remember I said I would get back to that pI. Now that 2nd Pi just has ac on it, but now I insert the rf from my combined channels and my 2nd pi now combines all the channels and AC . Now that gets jumped to the first Bridger that was in the hotel, amplifies it and sent it to the rest of the hotel.
> > Now if you think that was hard to understand, just think of how hard it was to do. I'm glad its over. I probably left out a few steps, but for the most part I think I did it right. When I left everything was working, but I afraid to see what happens Tomorrow. Anyone ever do something like this. It felt like I was back in school taking my SAT tests.
This is CABL.com posting #80537. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mu69
Posted in reply to: Anyone ever install channel insertion equipment by bruce9991
There are 0 replies to this message