Create your free account now! Sign up

Short or open...

Well whatever the case may be, I wasn't the first tech to arrive at this problem, it is not happening now. There is an l.e. in the leg 2 taps before the customer's the other tech pulled a faceplate 4 taps before the l.e. He never checked voltage just input RF at the l.e. These C-cor units we're using will operate as low as 40 volts before they start to give us real trouble so I can only assume that the voltage is there but have no idea what it actually is. For the most part I will try some of the suggestions that I have recieved.
On the sweep issue, should I be checking the return path? I've got a Wavetech 4040 would checking the channel scan at all taps be helpful? I'm not a complete dumbass, I just haven't had to deal with this very often most intermittent problems eventually go out completely and it makes it easier to locate the trouble this one goes out so irregularly that it is a real pain!!
Thanks for all the submissions to help, as soon as I get a fix on it I'll update ya'll on what I find..(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #79972. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muX2
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Short or open... voices 8/6/2002 10:15:00 AM