Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: TIPS...Spying my ass.. Get a grip

I think we're all in agreement.

But I maintain that TIPS is a good program that provides a means of organizing incoming data.

As I said, it's no more a threat than is Nieghborhood Watch.

Those that are nosey, are going to remain nosey, TIPS doesnt provide them any more of a forum, or make them more of a threat to anyone than they are now.

I'm also not promoting "Big Gov't". Point is; TIPS promotes efficiency of the resurces we have now. Let's not allow paranoia to help those idiots that are bringing war to us.

Make no mistake we're at war, and either we take it seriously and defeat those people, or we will be defeated.

It's my position, that the reason we have not realized any significant attack post 9-11, is because the nation is extremely alert. People are looking around them and taking notice of those things that do not seem to fit. Let's keep it that way.

> What each of us think is right is relative, personally I won't report someone for growing pot in their backyard but as Sweep Daddy said if I see something that is a possible danger to society then they can explain what their intentions are to the authorities. Some people take things to far and think that programs such as this gives them carte' blanche to stick their noses in where it doesn't belong, in order for these types of programs to work discretion has to used by the reporting individual. Over the years the only thing I have reported is 3 german shepards starving to death in a fenced backyard, I went to the neighborhood conveniance store called the SPCA and bought a 10 lbs. bag of dog food, went back and through it over the fence. To this day I don't know if the SPCA even responded.
>
> > Well I Think We All Have Had To Stop Or Report Something, We Have Seen Going On in The Field, and We Do It Because Its Right, Not Because Of Some Paper Drawn Up By Our Goverment,
> >
> >
> > > TIPS doesn't have anything to do with "Spying".
> > >
> > > No more than Neighborhood Watch, is spying.
> > >
> > > I've been in this biz, in one capacity or another, for most of my life.
> > >
> > > In all that time, I've reported exactly one incident to the authorities. In that case it was a domestic, where a young couple with infant in tow, were going at it, and Dad was primed to screw a bad situation into the ground.
> > >
> > > However, were I to jump a fence and happen to see a couple of thousand lbs of ammonium nitrate being loaded by Abduhl and Mohammad, or some other signs of trouble, I'd have NO reservations in calling in the feds.. If the owner has a legitimate purpose for thsoe materials he's not out but a few minutes of explaination and I don't have to worry about why I didn't report him after the school explodes.
> > >
> > > Use your heads, be alert. No ones going to ask you to report people for reading "The Village Voice" , and if someone does... tell 'em to shove it up there ass.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Interesting Maybe We would Enjoy Spying On Each Other
> > > > http://www.citizencorps.gov/tips > > > > http://www.msnbc.com/news/784413.asp?0dm=A1DOO
This is CABL.com posting #79813. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muVt
Posted in reply to: Re: TIPS...Spying my ass.. Get a grip by 1FARMER
There are 0 replies to this message