Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What up with orius?????

I don't think specific slights are being made at "newbies" - I believe the point being made here is many of these people have been in cable for years and years and know exactly what they're doing and how to keep things going smoothly and because of company buyouts (such as Orius) the honchos want to cut costs further which, of course, means not paying the experienced help so well because that will affect their balance sheet....it's called penny wise and pound foolish....because no matter how much pride a "newbie" will take in his work, they cannot equal the expertise of an experienced cable dawg, or at least will not, for quite a long period of time....many are now in it for quick money and don't really take the pride in their work...they go for the gravy train and work fast but not effectively...I could be wrong, but that is alot of what I've seen in the last few years....No slight intended on anyone who reads this posting.....(thumbup)

>
>
> > Why does the quality of work have to go down just because a "newbie" (what exactly qualifies one as a newbie?) is hired on? Alot of people in my experience, new or not, take alot of pride in their work.
> >
> > > Many moons ago, I worked for Harrison Wright utility, Mastec bought them and the same thing happened there.What happens when a major company buys up all the small companies is they forget that all of us "small timers" took the small companies to the top. After buyout they get rid of their experienced help and replace them with newbies.Work quality goes down, and contracts go out the window.And face it, these days guys don,t have the PRIDE that used to be in the workplace.Probably why we're working cheaper now as well.Big companies forgot how they got there!
> > >
> > > > I worked for a company that got bought out bye orius many moons ago Now the company went to sh** They cant get any of there contracts any all they do is lie then cut your wages not to mention you have to wait for ever to get paid (5-weeks)Whats up with that....Are they that broke......I fell another ENRON coming soon with tis company!!???!!!??!!!(rocket)(rockon)
This is CABL.com posting #78611. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muB5
Posted in reply to: Re: What up with orius????? by 420superman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What up with orius????? warfin 7/22/2002 6:22:00 AM