Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: YES!!! SoLong AT&T Broadband, Broadass, whoeve

Greetings Farmer,

I am remaining hopeful.  Back when TCI went to AT&T it was appearing as AT&T  was making controlling move, but in reality, it was CATV, still moving the ball ever closer to the goal.

All long distance carriers had much to gain with HFC's,  and Telephony broadband.,  After their realizations that twisted copper could not compete with coax they knew CATV was still the boss.  TCI and the rest of cable service provider's did not want to invest cable dollars for a venture that would profit phone companies more than themselves.  I think it was all agreed upon before these buyouts and the only legal way was for phone companies to become CATV providers then do the upgrades in a minimum fashion then return the ownership back to CATV.  This way it was phone money paying for upgrades that will in the long run be beneficial to everyone and not be cable investing money where they already owned the lionshare of profits.  I hope this makes sense.  During the short tenure of AT&T in cable the only dipsticks that actuallky thought they were CATV people and would be able to compete were these knuckleheads we have all been dealing with.  I think even if they are still around I bet anything they will have much more of a humblke attitude then before.

I am sure it will be better then before.  take good care.  speak with ylou soon.

respectfullly, Petergunn

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #78338. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muxG
There are 0 replies to this message