Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable loss

I worked with fused disk for many years. Everything that was said about it was true. We used to have to drill seep holes in the middle of the span so the water it sucked would be able to leak out, otherwise the water would create a short. Anytime it moved in the wind, it cracked. Finding connectors will be next to impossible as well. The losses I have in an old reference book only place the cable at a max of 450MHz. I would be unsure if this cable would even take a load of 750MHz let alone 860. You may also want to recommend that It be load tested for channels and A/C. I doubt it will handle 90V. The losses that I have are 2/10ths of a dB higher per 100' than MC2 up to 450MHz. After that, who knows. I do not have a listing for 412 at all. All I have is .500 .750 .875 and 1" listings.
Have fun,
Brett

> Does anyone have information on a cable called "General Fused Disk" I'm looking for loss/100' of .412, .500, & .750. None of the old handbooks I have list it. I tried General Cable's web site, but they don't make coax anymore. Any info is appreciated. (rebuild situation-the bean counters say it's too expensive to replace it unless it's bad) (-REDACTED-)
very seldom is the right way the easy way.
This is CABL.com posting #77560. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muk8
Posted in reply to: Cable loss by N.S. Andy
There are 0 replies to this message