Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: stuck in the 70's

Well said.....Very well said!!!(clap)

> Video killed the radio star, corporate America is killing everything else. Wish someone would do a poll to find out what Joe Average American REALLY desires when it comes to CATV services, betcha it wouldn't be all the bells and whistles that the large MSO's are trying to shove down his throat! Got to get back to basics, quality, reliable programming with GOOD customer service at a rate that wont have him living off Ramen noodles to be able to afford it.
> As an observation most of the cable channels I have on TWC go to info-mercials at around midnight until about five or six in the morning. MTV is no longer a music channel, VH-1 is following close behind, the networks think we need "reality sho'ws" featuring contestants with bodies not found in nature.
> Ever since the Gulf War and CNN having success because of thier coverage, we're deluged with a ton of "cable news" networks that for the most part have become video "National Enquier's" and then there's God damned home shopping til the elderly spend up thier retirement!! I pine for the day's when I had ten basic channels and a single channel box for HBO, beer with pull top tabs, quaaludes weren't fake and V-8 motor's with carbeurators and no emmision control, rock n' roll was Led Zeppelin, (boy bands be damned!) Men were men and Goats could keep a secret, but that's just me.(wacky)
This is CABL.com posting #77557. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muk5
Posted in reply to: stuck in the 70's by cableupgrade
There are 0 replies to this message