Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Adelphia still running

i've worked directly and indirectly with adelphia on acontract basism throughout southern california. most of their techs and engineers are some pretty decent individuals. most of my down time with adelphia waqs due to the going ons back east. the guys out here were as confused as the rest of. you had yhe rigas family steali8ng from the corporation and i hope the sec gives 'em what they got coming. it's not just us that got screwed. it/s entire groups of people on all sides that took it in the shorts from the rigas family. they are out of there and hopefully adelphia , with a good bunch of management can pull it back together. this is for everybody's sake.(thumbup)> I can appreciate your enthusiasm in doing whatever it takes, but let's be realistic. If you are working in the telecommunications industry, it is not cheap. Between paying insurances (workman's comp. and general liability), paying for your equipment and expenses and sometimes cutting your losses for the people that are not on the up and up. You can not make what it takes to continue by flipping burgers or working at Wal-Mart. It just does not pay the bills. The American Dream of working for yourself for the little guy is almost unreachable. Not that I want to discourage anyone and say that it is impossible. Big companies get all the breaks and protection of corporate America and the litte guy is left to work it out for himself though. All that you can do is hope that you can network with a good group of people and keep the FAITH. Times are really hard, especially in our industry. I wish everyone out there good luck and hopefully a break. When it all turns around there will be alot of gravy and I hope that I am still around to get some of it.(snipper)
>
> > Isn't there any other job you could be doin right now to put food on the table until it fires back up?? Like mowin lawns, flippin burgers, WELCOME TO WALMART??, I know ther all hiring and the way I look at it if I was out I,d swallow the pride and just do it.
> >
> > > Well I wish I could be so Nice about it however me and my family are one step away from being homeless cause of this f***ing company I wish that I never would have done work for them I don't understand company willing to go back to work for these scumbags when we know they are so far in debt that it is not ever going to come out of it no only 3 % of companys that go as far down as they have ever make it out I was blindsited as well as many other were when this company pulled the sh** they did and now have not worked for 2 months which sucks because I can not afford to work at this point I mean I get job offers all around the country but I can't even afford To get to there better yet survive till I get a check I know that im whining but you know its f***ed up right now I hate Adelphia for what they are putting me and my family thru
> > > And for all you english majors I know don't need it point out so if any company out there are looking for a Hard working, employee who will be an asset to any company and are willing to help me Im A Quality sweeper, Splicer who takes pride in my work and won't let you down please contact me my E mail Address is (-REDACTED-) (flame)Adelphia
> > > > Adelphia is continuing to supply cable entertainment, high-speed Internet
> > > > access and other services to its millions of customers without interruption in
> > > > all of its markets which serve more than 3,500 communities across the nation.
> > > > All employees are receiving their salaries, wages and health and other
> > > > benefits. Adelphia will be satisfying all its obligations going forward to
> > > > local franchise authorities, programming suppliers and vendors as required by
> > > > the laws governing reorganization under Chapter 11. In addition, Adelphia
> > > > will segregate within the Company's own accounting system the franchise fees
> > > > it receives from customers.
> > > >
> > > >
This is CABL.com posting #76885. Tiny Link: cabl.co/muaf
Posted in reply to: Re: Adelphia still running by glassburner
There are 0 replies to this message