Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rate these sub install prices

well i can tell those prices area hell of alot better than what i was just offered here in sacramento califori, where i pay $950 for a 2bdrm 1 bath apartment!!!!! hsd here is $12, full hsd $35 thats right drop,a/o, nic card =$35??? ATTTT sucks!!!!! we used to get $50 whether it was a basic or full install!!!!!!!!!(frust)

> Budman is right!!!!!!! Thats to damn low. Your workers must be starving. You sure can't raise a family with these rates.
>
> > Budman, I think you have had way toooooooooooooo many 'Buds', thee prices listed are what are being paid for cable installs in the mideast.............a 2 room sat install pays $90-$100. Obviously there is a liitle more money in the sat end of it....hmmmmmmm. And before you put your foot in your mouth, I do both CATV and Sat installs in the mideast.
> >
> > As far as the prices go, thats about what I am pulling down here in SE Virginia. Theres a few that pay more and a few that pay less. By the way, what are you getting for Data installs?
> >
> > > If you sat boys don't have anything productive to add, why don't you keep your trap shut. You need to find or create a site called satbar.(didn't notice it says cablbar?) Anyway, back to the original question, these prices suck and the need to be about 4X that for a sub to make a buck. Your talking about satellite wages now.
> > >
> > >
> > > These are damn good prices - the best I have ever seen. That tells you how fuked up the cable industry is at the install side. Used to be a good living at the construction side of things but thats OLD NEWS now, isnt it. Cable's time has come and gone, we are now seeing the pathetic exit of dinosaur technology.
> > > >
> > > > > Located in NC ...... Thanks
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Complete Aerial Install $20.00
> > > > >
> > > > > Complete Underground Install $19.00
> > > > >
> > > > > Aerial Rebuild Complete $18.00
> > > > >
> > > > > Underground Rebuild $16.00
> > > > >