Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Box project pushed back till August 1, 2002

Yes ma'am,
I apologize that is true.

> Come on guys, last time I voiced opinions I was told to put it in the "general" or "unmoderated" sections as this is a place to find contract jobs. I would think you guys, being in the business, could do the same.(wave)
>
> > That is fine, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. However, I am not that new to the business, I have just been lucky in the jobs that I have had the opportunity to take and in the people that I have worked for, I completely understand all of these expenses, I have been working on the road for many years now both in this business and in the business of copper and fiber splicing, and you are absolutely right, 5 weeks is a long time to wait for a check, my point is only that the man was up front and this person seems bent on doing nothing but bitching, all he has to do is not take the job, this company is set up the way that it is set up and that is that, what is the point in bitching about it here. If there is a complaint against someone that has wronged you, please let the rest of us know so that we may be on our guard, also if someone has done right by you then please let the rest of us know, but this person has not been hurt by this person and has nothing to complain about, the company told us the way it is up front and no one says you have to take the job, that was my only point, bitch about what is important, not just when you feel like bitching about something. Personally I believe this must be one lucky guy, if he has to find something to bitch about then he must have a pretty decent life.
> >
> > >
> > > Mr. Herman...If I remember correctly you just recently posted an add asking "What is makeready?"Also mentioning that you are new to the business.Now don't get me wrong.I'm not knocking you for any of that.Although, I do believe because of
> > > the short time you have been in this business,you obviously have never had to do this type of work.There are many expenses behind the scenes.How about $75-$100 week in gas or maybe an average of $110 a month in various insurances.How about a hotel or motel costs at an average of $200 a week.Just these expenses alone are $1308.00.<<<< These are just your work expenses and that is not covering many other things such asvehicle maintenance, food,etc..I guess your first check would barely cover this.So I guess your waiting 5 weeks just to start paying your personal bills at home.I'm sorry,but I find you to be the RUDE one here.I think this is appropriate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > are you the prime?
> > > > > then why wait four weeks?
> > > > > just asking here?!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > > > > it seems that after four weeks on an install it would stand to reason that there better not be any retainage.
> > >
> > > AMONG MANY OTHER QUESTIONS!!(cool)
> > >
> > > > You know it seems to me that some people are just looking for something to complain about. Don't worry about why four weeks, its none of your business, if they want to hold it for four weeks then that is their prerogative, he has been up front and told you the way it is, if you do not like it don't hire on. I realize this is a public forum to voice your complaints and to find work and employees as well as to let people know when you have come across a square Joe who will treat you right, but for Gods sake I think some of you are just looking for something to complain and bitch about. If someone does you wrong then by all means write it down, but this person has neen upfront and told you the deal, if you don't like it don't hire on, keep your mouth shut and work somewhere else.
> > > >
> > > > > are you the prime?
> > > > > then why wait four weeks?
> > > > > just asking here?!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > > > > it seems that after four weeks on an install it would stand to reason that there better not be any retainage.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Charter pushed back project till August 1, 2002.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > We will need at least three installers to do box swaps in the Matewan, WV area. $10.50 per box. Extra if you have to rewire outlets. Project is long term, we also are in need of installers to do routes and sales. We need crews to start August 1. Pay is four weeks out then weekly. No Retainage. Good prices. Send contact info to (-REDACTED-) and I will send price list. All responses will be answered. Charter is ready to issue 14,000 customers that need the DCT's. I have the work if you have the tools and the skills. I apologize for the wait but it will be well worth it.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > David W. Thompson
> > > > > > > Matrix Communications
This is CABL.com posting #76588. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mt5s
Posted in reply to: Re: Box project pushed back till August 1, 2002 by Wife of a cable guy
There are 0 replies to this message