Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This Weeks Column: "Unions"

Well said bro!!!! DAMWELL SAID!!! f*** UNIONS!!!!!!!!!

> I refuse to accept your premise that a union is going to form whether we like it or not!
> None of the "DAWGS" I know would ever back a union. The very nature of a "DAWG" is that they are independent, self-reliant, hard working, determined, and freely speak thier own minds. Just the oppisite can be said of union members who take delight in being a part of the commune and allow others to speak for them.
> I would equate today's cable-dawg with the mountain men of the 1800's.
> I for one, WILL NOT give any input into any collective that will only further deteriorate the nation and our industry.
> And if a union is formed, I dare any nose picker to stop me from doing my job, or getting to it through a picket line!
> (blaster)(2gun)(flack)(bazooka)(rocket)(flipoff)
> > Dawgs!
> > Well, finally I can grab a an hour or so to lay some thoughts on the keyboard, and hear from you guys. Sorry about the article being late... But, hey, I have a crappy job to attend to!!!!
> >
> > Anyways, as I said before, we're gonna talk a little bit about this union.. And, like I said, this isn't going to be a fact filled debacle, yet a forum for brain candy.
> >
> > Now, I've seen alot of postings back and forth as to whether a union should be formed, or no. Let me toss my two cents in on this. I don't think the emphasis should be on whehter it's called a "Union" or a "Contractors Board" or anything else. That's nothing more than a title. My personal opinion is to make it a simple organization that you Dawgs can go to for help when it's needed. It should be structure to where a Dawg can fall back on it if needed, but it won't ruin his bids when he doesn't. This is why planning is so important, and you dawgs need to be involved "HEAVILY". If you aren't making your opinions public and heard, a "Union" is going to form, and alot of us are going to be hating life. Now, that's not to say that the people forming the union don't have the most honest of intentions. They very well may. However, if you don't voice what you want it to be, it's going to be what THEY want it to be... Which could be dangerous for us all. (Don't take any offense, union formers, hear both sides).
> >
> > My personal vision for what this "Untitled Entity" would be would not involve you Dawgs shelling out cash monthly for something you may never use. Kinda like insurance... You give someone $150.00 a month to insure your car... But you go 30 years, and never have a wreck... "Gimme my money Back"!!!!!! That's just me, though. I think you should pay when you need it. It should be more of a service to dawgs that you can join, and have your company proposed to a prime... Kinda a contract negotiation company. In addition, this company should offer training and incentives to its members. By incentives, I don't mean 100 foot yachts, I mean a well trained tech should receive, I don't know, tools or something... We'll figure that out later. But you get my point, right?
> >
> > So, Dawgs, let's quit worrying about what to call an organization, and start figuring out what we want from it, instead. This is an undertaking i've put some consideration into, and I'm thinking of kicking it up... A service for you dawgs that can help when you need it, but not screw you when you don't. Put your thoughts out there... Let them be heard, before someone more greedy decides to do it his way, and not the Dawgs...
> >
> > Your Friend,
> > Jim
> >
> > P.S. On a seperate note... Cable and Satellite are brothers. If it's putting a paycheck in your pocket, be happy. I would encourage any technician to learn the specs of both platforms. They are both profitable, and if you can do one, generally you can do the other. This could prove useful if one day your cable provider goes belly up, and dish takes over, and you don't want to move... or Vice Versa. Don't concern yourself with which is better.. Concern yourself with which one feeds you and your family... The rest will take care of itself. Good luck, Dawgs.
This is CABL.com posting #76053. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtWP
Posted in reply to: Re: This Weeks Column: "Unions" by cuscomm
There are 0 replies to this message