Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Talking of Dipsticks 'Final thought'

there was never a dispute about what a sweep tech can make. if you scroll back to the original discussion it had to do with unionizing the industry. if the man would of said i make 4500 a week sweeping therefore i fear a union might lessen my lot i would have taken his comments appropriately.the ranting and raving of an apparent lunatic that i'd think twice about associating myself with. sweep tech is top-o-the line,no doubt,! the rest of the dogs that build something for you to sweep right on down to the new guy ground hand are concerned about feeding their families and not getting ripped off in the process. the top gets the gravy the bottom struggles along striving for the top. without the bottom there is no top.personally i'd hate to see a union involved in my business but i do understand rip-offs which do start at the bottom cause they're easier to f*** with. how many ground hands can afford a lawyer to chase some crook around the country? anyway, enough of this.i don't think this bar is anybodys ego page.good luck to all you dogs and you too, petergunn!!!!!(sleep)

> Yes dipstick whoever you are, Petergunn is correct. Matter of fact I've known people to make >5000 a week sweeping CATV plant. ESP if the footage pay is right, the plant is new-build, and the contractors who built it were worth a damn. I myself have not been lucky to snag a good project, and now am inhouse but it's pretty secure here. But I can tell you, when I was sweeping with a contractor for hourly pay, I could've made >4000 a week easy at the rate I was sweeping. (Over a node in an 8 hour day) Besides I would've rathered work 6-12s than sit in a hotel. PETERGUNN when you find another good gig, let me know.
>
> Kevin
This is CABL.com posting #75934. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtUU
Posted in reply to: Talking of Dipsticks 'Final thought' by Transient Spike
There are 0 replies to this message