Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: UNION FOR THE DOGS, MADE BY THE DOGS

COME ON BUD ITS ALL ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND. WHEN JACKSONVILL SHUT DOWN IT PUT MAYBE A FEW HUNDRED SPLICERS AND A FEW CONSTRUCTION GUYS OUT ON THE MARKET. NOW THERE ARE TOO MANY GUYS FOR THE AMOUNT OF WORK OUT THERE. WHO SHOULD WE BLAME? OURSELVES. WHY? BECAUSE SOME OF THESE GREEDY ASSHOLES THOUGHT IT WOULD PUT MORE MONEY INTO THIER POCKETS IF THEY HIRED A FEW GREEN GUYS AT A LOWER RATE OF PAY. GOOD CONCEPT? MAYBE BUT WITH A FAILING TRADE I THINK IT WASNT SUCH A GOOD IDEA. SOOOOOOOOOO NOW THAT THERE ARE SO MANY GUYS OUT OF WORK THE INDUSTRY CAN PUSH OUR BUTTONS OR CALL THE SHOTS AS FAR AS PRICING. THEN YOU HAVE THE BOTTOM FEEDERS THAT WOULD LIKE TO MAKE MONEY AND DO NEXT TO NOTHING. IM TALKING SOME OF THESE SUBS SUBING. JUST THINK ABOUT IT IF WE DONT SUB/ SUB IT WILL FORCE THEM TO GET OFF THIER ASSES AND WORK FOR A LIVING. IF THE PRIMES WOULD ONLY HIRE CONTRACTORS WITH THIER OWN INHOUSE CREWS OR INDIVIDUALS, THINGS WOULD SAIL VERY SMOOTHLY. JUST MY THOUGHTS WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THAT(snipper)(clap) SO A UNION WOULD BE NICE BUT ONLY FOR THE PRICING. I WOULD RATHER CALL IT A REGULATORY GROUP(wave)

> I for one am greatly interested in the union as long as it is created by the dogs, what I mean is, I'm not willing to do anything that is just going to benifit the prime and sub, I am willing to volunteer my time and efforts to doing good for all involved, I would like to see the rates be fixed acording to jobs so everyone from the groundhands to the vp's can make a good living, we bust our backs and risk our lives every day just so we can eat, I don't get the price reductions, we are still doing the same work and still risking our lives everyday but we can't seem to get ahead anymore, there was a time when we were paid very well and consistantly, we did not have to beg for our earned money nor did we have to get on a web site and tell everyone of the crooks just so they would give us our paycheck, there was a time when you had to earn the right to work out of a bucket, you had to earn it, but now days all you have to do is go to a company that is hurting for people because they either don't pay enough or they have screwed all the good dogs out of money so they are forced to place wanna be's in a bucket that can't even climb a pole and call them a foreman and then complain when the system is looking like sh**. I have a lot of opinions on what a real "DOG'S UNION" should be like but it would take me a week to type it all here, I also think that we have to have some priorities, like if and when this union get's started, the first order of buisness should be a black list of people and companies that either steel or don't pay, but we have to be careful that a wanna be is not just accusing a good employer because he or she got canned, we have to find ways of confirming information.
> I'm sorry for running on but I have a million ideas and questions running through my head right now.
> I am looking forward to this web site on the union, and you can count me in.
>
This is CABL.com posting #75700. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtQ8
Posted in reply to: UNION FOR THE DOGS, MADE BY THE DOGS by linedogJJD13
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: UNION FOR THE DOGS, MADE BY THE DOGS porfa1 6/23/2002 10:27:00 PM