Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: UnionComentsPageDate

You are correct sir!!

> Take your Idea for a union and stick it where the sun don't shine.(flipoff)(flipoff)(flipoff)
> The only people that ever win in a union are the fat cats that run them. All we would be doing is trading in one set of crooks for another. If you want to make this industry better it is within all of us to do it ourselves. Just stop working for peanuts. If you can't make money on a project why even bother and take it. In the last 6 months I have probably passed up 10 projects because I knew there was no way I could make money so why should I expect the guys and gals that work for me to struggle to make a decent buck. Every time I passed on one something better came along and 2 of the projects I passed on I ended up getting because some other prime ( no need to name names) came along and took the work, screwed it up so bad that the MSO called me to come and fix his sh** and do the rest of the project at a higher rate than what was originally offered. My point is it is some times better to let your compition take the sh** work and just wait them out. It don't work every time, but I've made alot lot of money in this biz just fixing other people's crap. The other thing in taking work that you know you can't make money on is people tend to take short cuts to make up for the low pay. Ask your self if it is worth risking your rep just to try to make a quick buck. My rep probably gets me 80% of my work, so if I can't do the job for a good price and my subs can't make good money for what I ask of them, I don't bother with it. The main problem in this industry is when the good times are rolling people forget to plan for the times when it gets slow like now. When people figure this out they will begin to succeed, because then you won't be a slave to the MSO's.
>
> One example I will share with you. I passed on a mapping job from an MSO for 140 a mile in April, 2 months latter I got the same job for 200 and mile and now I'm paying my guys 165 a mile and we will be busy with this one project until January 2003. Many of you might wonder why I posted this. I don't keep any secrets from my people. They are a very loyal group and they have all been with me for an average of 7 yrs. If you treat your people with loyalty, respect and honesty they will stick with you through thick and thin. We don't need no fricken union to take care of us' we are doing just fine with out it.(beerchug)(usa)
>
> J Moyer
> Cable Connectors
>
>
> > Hi Dawgs, I have more info on the Union Poll Page. This will
> > be a site that explains what are intents are, and it will
> > give you a chance to have input about it. You do not have to be a supporter of Unions to have input. I encourage everyone to participate. It would effect all of us, so speak now, becouse it's still in it's EARLY development stages. Thank you to those that have e-mailed their support and comments. I am excited to hear that there are others working on the same thing. This will make the project so much easier. It is planned to begin forming ideas into policies and plans in November. That when interested parties would be brought together to work as a team on it.
> > The much talked about site for inputing your thoughts and standings will be up and accepting your information on Jully 3rd, so lets get the word out. It will be running for that purpose for about three months, and then it will change over to a more informative site. Remember this is the best time to speak up. The site address is very easy to reach, just type the following numbers into your address bar:
> >
> > 216.70.214.166
> >
> > I encourage all cable related sites to put a link on their page to this site on the opening date of July 3. You know the link reaches the right place if you view a silly quiz when you hit the button. This is simply a test page for the software and data base.(my software programer has a strange sense of humor, but is a genious in his own right. He is a cable dog also, of course! He's volunteering all his time also, so please show your support.
This is CABL.com posting #75696. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtQ4
Posted in reply to: Re: UnionComentsPageDate by cablcontractor
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: UnionComentsPageDate Joe50 6/21/2002 11:30:00 AM