Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union or organization?

Brian,
Thank you very much for the kind words, that means the world to me that people know I work hard for them when they work hard for me. I'm up in Michigan right now (enjoying the walleye fishing), But would be very interested in hearing what you have going on. Drop me some details at (-REDACTED-) - Maybe i'll head back to my favorite city! Talk to you later,

Your Friend,
Jim

> I had the pleasure of working with Jim in St Louis. If you need a good person to assist in your efforts, you would do well to ask him. He is competent, enthusiastic, intelligent and hard working. You would be hard pressed to find others of his caliber.
>
> However, I personally question if a union is the best possible “second phase”. You are entering the land of abundant red tape. You will need a lot of resources to navigate the federal and state laws that will probably require the services of union lawyers and accountants.
>
> If you were to add to your web site a vote between starting a union or a voluntary organization, I would personally vote organization. I would also vote to include other types of low voltage installers like satellite dish, home theater, telephone, alarms, etc.. Not only would this greatly increase your size, it would also allow cable contractors the opportunity to cross train and expand into new areas. Diversity protects contractors from catastrophic sector failures like the one cable is experiencing now.
>
> An organization can offer all of the same benefits without the pitfalls. Health care, retirement planning (I would never contribute to a union pension), training, networking with others, equipment discounts, emergency assistance, etc..
>
> Just my thoughts,
>
> Hey Jim, lets get together for a beer and catch up, I have some good things going on that might interest you.
>
> Brian
> onetec
>
This is CABL.com posting #75585. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtPh
Posted in reply to: Union or organization? by onetec
There are 0 replies to this message