Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: charter and adelphia ?

> Well said Jim.(clap)
> If Charter Got off there ass and started treating there customers right they might have more of them, They are losseing customers fast, Thats why there stocks are so low. All they care about is numbers not the customer. until they change that of thinking, there stocks and there prices are going to be low! I sure hope things get better! Later dudes!(claw)
> > In some aspects, I would agree with the previous statement. I've done many contract negotiations with Charter all over the country, and they do play hardball with their prices. However, it's not impossible to get them to up their prices on certain line items. There's a formula myself, and the vice president (who I can't mention his name, but is a MASTER at this) used. I'm sure you've heard of "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul". Someone with 20 years exp. will understand this. You have to seriously research the needs of the Prime going in before your negotiation begins. If it's a simple overbuild, show your proven track record of turnkey installations. Now, take a small percentage cut on sales to level out the pricing that you need to cover your guys on pay, including any expenses to get subs from BFE to your job site. There is alot of math (and damn, do I hate math) But if you take the time to make the Prime think that you are taking a legitimate cut (on line items you'll never use, by the way) you'll have a lot more leverage to up your line items that you do need. Bear in mind, Charters packages sell themselves in most places, so to take a small cut on sales to give yourself some recruiting revenue, is an easy trade. Hope this helps!
> >
> > Your Friend,
> > Jim
> >
> > > no its not strange charter has dropped there prices and the installers are dropping away from the jobs like flies good techs dont want to work for nothing there pay stinks there no negotiationg with them take or leave it......................
> > >
> > > > isnt it strange that all jobs hiring right now are charter at half normal pay and they are supposed to be a major player in buyout of adelphia. this info is just heresay but would like input from others on this subject . been around since 70's and have not seen or heaerd of anything like this before. input please(shocked)
This is CABL.com posting #75253. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtJV
Posted in reply to: Re: charter and adelphia ? by easymoney
There are 0 replies to this message