Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How does Catv compare to other jobs??

> Once again I have greatly enjoyed the responses to my latest posting. However it seems that Petergunn is the only one who has anything of interest to say. Not that the others aren't trying:) Back the todays subject: "How does Catv compare to other jobs?" In todays economy and job market can the cable tv
> contractor compare to other job markets?? Can he afford to offer Health Benefits? How about Retirement? Any kind of Profit Sharing?? I personally haven't seen too many that were capable of those kind of benefits. Maybe I'm not seeing enough
> of the picture. I know the bigger contractor offer some of the benefits I speak of but what about the small guy?? How does he compete?? Better Pay?? NOT!! More jobs?? NOT!! It seems that sometime the small guy has to scrape his way thru
> the B.S. to get some quality workers. I know I'm there now.
> I look in the paper and see other carreers offering sooo much
> that it makes me sick to know that we are so far behind the normal standard. I kinda think that this is due to the amount of independent contractor within the industry and on top of that the amount of BAD contractors within the industry.
> Maybe there should be some kind of regulatory commision to check on the status of contractors. For goodness sake anyone can obtain a Contractors License. Hell they even have schools that will guarantee that you will pass!! It is getting difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I know it is there. So I go forth and attempt to better the classification of the Cable Contractor.
>
> Smile More and you will see that people smile back!!
>
> CG
This is CABL.com posting #74913. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtEr
Posted in reply to: How does Catv compare to other jobs?? by cablegus
There are 0 replies to this message