Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: charter and adelphia ?

Chris thanks for telling everbody how it is , the times are a little tuff right now and there has been a lot of changes in house to make it a little harder handing out work or getting it approved in a timley manner , but we are slowly geting project going and some crews back to work.

>
> Hey guys, let's take a little better look at this. I work almost exclusively in Charter systems, and I know the financial pinches my company has been put into by Charter tightening up the money flow. But have you looked at their stock price lately? A little over a year ago it was $23/share and today it is $4.50/share. The fact is they have been bleeding money for the last 3+ years with all of the upgrades they've been doing, and their profit & loss figures are in bad shape right now. It's not so much that they are taking advantage of the in-house people or the contractors; its just that the money isn't there any more. Think about it; they paid pretty good rates until fairly recently, didn't they? I know I've got no complaints with how they paid; I was actually able to save up some coin against times like this, and i'm just an employee of one of their contractors. Hopefully the public will get on board some of the advanced services that Charter can offer as a result of the upgrades, and their balance sheet will turn around so they can put some more of us to work at decent prices again. Until then, here's hoping you can hang in there and make what you can.
This is CABL.com posting #74828. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtC4
Posted in reply to: Re: charter and adelphia ? by ChrisSjoblom
There are 0 replies to this message