Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Lousy prices

Your right Budman. What I see happening is primes pull in, hire a couple of 18 year old hacks from the local fast food joints. Pay them 10.00 an hour and buy them beer and bring in some out of town smoke they never had and keep em stoned and let em hack.I have noticed (from working for the MSO that is upgrading) they have lost the view of Quality. They want it done fast. And thats my opinion!!(snipper)

> There seems to be a lot of work out there lately, but at half the price we were getting a few months ago. I get several calls a week, but there is no way I can afford to pay travel expenses, housing, insurance, bucket payments, tools, truck maint., fuel, etc., etc., at these prices. The only people the cable companies will keep are the ones who are willing to do twice the work at half the quality. I'm not willing to do that, so I will probably wind up going out of business and finding other employment. I hate to do that because I have 20 years in, but that's just the way it is. I hope the MSO's realize these facts soon, before they come to regret loosing all the good people.(nono)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #74669. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtAv
Posted in reply to: Lousy prices by budman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Lousy prices skidmark 6/11/2002 10:06:00 AM